Should you’re in search of info on becoming the Token Ninja various to the Trek BB90 backside bracket… effectively you’ve come to the precise place.
To be sincere, the data is greatest delivered in visible kind, so right here is my YouTube video:
Some salient factors:
- I made a decision to switch the usual Trek press-fit BB90 bearings as a result of I used to be sick of them going rusty and squeaky
- I’ve changed the official bearings earlier than – right here’s the hyperlink to my publish on eradicating and putting in new BB90 bearings (on a Trek Domane – however applies to different bikes)
- The Token Ninja is a form of ‘screw collectively’ backside bracket, moderately than press-fit or threaded.
- You want the devoted Token software (particular to this mannequin of backside bracket) to suit it. This software is a ache to pay money for. I’ve purchased two of them now (I helped a Canadian viewer of my YouTube channel out by sending him my first one) – each instances from the Token distributor primarily based in Poland (I’m within the UK).
- Getting the press-fit BB90 bearings out of the bike is a ache (watch the video). Becoming the brand new Token Ninja backside bracket is a breeze. It’s more durable to get the becoming software than it’s to put in the underside bracket.
- I’ve had the Token Ninja BB90 fitted for effectively over 12 months now and it’s nonetheless working effectively (although in latest months, this bike has been put in on my Wahoo KICKR indoor coach). No creaks and I’ve no issues. Sooner or later, I’ll get the bike within the stand and take a correct take a look at it.