In case you’re the guardian of a teething child or toddler, these wholesome selfmade teething biscuits are your new greatest buddy. They’re really easy to make with a only a handful of elements!
Are Teething Biscuits Wholesome?
Teething biscuits are designed to be chewed on by infants to assist alleviate the discomfort of teething. They’re normally made with comfortable, simply digestible elements akin to wheat flour, rice flour, and oats. Though not an alternative choice to nutritious meals and snacks, they could be a wholesome a part of your child’s weight-reduction plan.
Mother and father and caregivers ought to supervise infants whereas they’re consuming teething biscuits and keep away from giving them to very younger infants who could not but have the power to chew stable meals safely. Teething biscuits may also pose a choking hazard in the event that they break into small items, so it is very important ensure that the biscuit is comfortable sufficient to be simply chewed and that the newborn is just not left alone whereas consuming it.
Nonetheless, these model new, stunning child tooth can wreak havoc on their gums.. and teething biscuits could be a lifesaver with regards to soothing sore little mouths! Many teething biscuits available on the market are both somewhat over-priced or had some further elements I didn’t essentially need, like sugar, salt, or dairy milk.
I realized shortly how simple it’s to make my very own. These wholesome selfmade teething biscuits are moveable and you may make a batch and freeze them forward of time, which is nice for when a tooth unexpectedly begins poking by. I really like these as a result of there are solely 3 major elements, and you’ll add totally different flavorings to maintain issues attention-grabbing. They’re comfortable sufficient to chew with out hurting a sore mouth, however can stand as much as loads of drool!
Components for Home made Teething Biscuits:
- Oats– it would be best to use common rolled oats
- Banana– a ripe banana works greatest. It’ll puree higher and add sweetness.
- Coconut Oil– that is used as a binding agent, and provides the biscuits a creamier texture. Coconut oil can be believed to have soothing and pain-relieving properties.
- Cinnamon– for taste; this ingredient is elective.
- Vanilla Extract– additionally for taste. You’ll be able to mess around with the seasonings!
How To Make Home made Teething Biscuits:
- Mix the oats right into a nice powder utilizing a meals processor.
- Add banana, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla (or some other taste mixture you might be utilizing). Pulse till all the elements come collectively right into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls. Form each bit right into a rounded, baton formed biscuit roughly 1-inch thick and 4-inches lengthy. Be certain there are not any sharp edges!
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 levels for 10 minutes. Flip every biscuit and proceed baking for a further 5-10 minutes or till the sides are golden and the middle is about however not too crunchy.
- Cool utterly earlier than serving. Retailer within the freezer or at room temperature in an hermetic container.
Notes on the recipe:
- For the perfect oat flour… To make oat flour, you merely measure out the oats after which puree them in a blender or meals processor. The finer you mix the oats, the extra clean your last texture will likely be within the teething biscuits.
- Change up the flavour! These are pretty bland as is. My kids favored them plain like this, however typically we’d add a pinch of cinnamon, ginger, or nutmeg, or 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract to the recipe. It’s also possible to add 1 Tbsp uncooked cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder to the recipe. For a savory model, you need to use olive oil as a substitute of the coconut oil and add in some spices and contemporary or dried herbs. Begin small and work your method up!
- Select the best form. I can get about 12 teething biscuits out of this recipe. You need them to be a number of inches lengthy (lengthy sufficient in your baby to carry onto them) and pretty skinny. Please make certain you spherical out the corners, as sore little mouths gained’t need any sharp edges poking their gums!
Extra Child-Pleasant Recipes To Strive:
Preheat oven to 350 levels. Put together a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a meals processor (or blender), mix the oats into a really nice powder.
Add banana and coconut oil (and any vanilla or spices it’s possible you’ll be utilizing) to the blender and puree till combination comes collectively in a dough.
If the dough may be very sticky to deal with, you’ll be able to pat somewhat flour (gluten free or wheat flour) onto the outside of the ball to make it simpler to deal with. If the dough is simply too dry, you’ll be able to add somewhat extra coconut oil.
Divide the dough into 12 balls or sections. Pat out every ball into somewhat baton about 4 inches lengthy and 1 to 1 1/2 inches vast, and about 1/4 inch thick. Spherical the sides of every baton together with your fingers so there are not any sharp edges.
(Alternatively, you’ll be able to roll all the dough ball out right into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick and slice it into 12 rectangles. Around the corners of every rectangle and make the shapes roughly even. I’ve discovered that shaping every baton works higher for me than rolling and slicing, however you are able to do what works greatest for you).
Place evenly on a baking sheet in order that not one of the batons are touching. Bake at 350 levels for 10 minutes. Flip and cook dinner one other 5-10 minutes, or till the sides are golden and the facilities are set however not too crunchy.
Permit to chill utterly. Retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature, within the fridge, or the freezer.
Energy: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover plenty of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.