Simple parking. Light elevation. Three miles spherical journey. And a ghost city? The Mayflower Gulch Path provides you all this and a surprisingly attractive basin to behold. On prime of all this, the hike works effectively for households, particularly if there exists any curiosity in regards to the outdated west. The spacious gulch invitations guests to wander round and uncover the fringes…a working stream, deserted mines, and ridge line views. Warning: DO NOT examine deserted mines and even stroll too carefully; take pleasure in them from a distance! They will have unstable inner constructions and entrances.
Discover the total Mayflower Gulch Hike profile beneath for path map, driving instructions, and extra suggestions and particulars that will help you take pleasure in this outdated west journey close to Denver.
Path Snapshot: Mayflower Gulch Path
|3 miles Spherical Journey (longer if exploring)
|Simple to Average
|Allowed On Leash
|Hike Path Map
|Click on for Path Map of Mayflower Gulch Hike
|Denver Drive Time
|Driving Instructions to Mayflower Gulch
|Click on for Google Map
|City Nearest Hike
|Copper Mountain, Colorado
|Valley basin, 13ers, Ghost City
|Climbing, Snowshoeing, Cross-country snowboarding
Parking & Trailhead Info for Mayflower Gulch
From Denver, heading west on I-70, exit 195 for Copper Mountain. The street curves to the left, heading south into the resort space. Solely six miles later alongside Freeway 91, the free parking seems on the left (east), instantly after a brief bridge over Mayflower Creek.
The Hike: Mayflower Gulch Path
From the trailhead marker, the path proceeds straight for about 1.5 miles. It’s that straightforward! Meandering via pines, bordering the precise Mayflower Creek, hikers can dedicate virtually all of their consideration towards experiencing the path and its environment. A mining remnant about 1/2-way up foreshadows the ghost city and deserted mines within the peak-ringed basin. 4×4 automobiles are permitted alongside this route throughout the summer time, so maintain an ear open. Instantly earlier than the valley flooring, a gate and small parking zone point out the vacation spot reached.
Some superior hikers double-back and achieve the ridge to the north. (Observe: don’t try with out GPS, a dependable map, and alerting others to the plan.) This leads as much as Atlantic Peak, a 13er sitting between two others — Pacific Peak to the north and Fletcher Mountain to the south. Each Atlantic Peak and Fletcher Mountain tower over the gulch, so whether or not one views them from above or beneath, they greet guests with majesty. After strolling the valley flooring and taking within the attractive views, the return hike merely reverses the route, following the path again down and out of the valley.
Ideas & Sources for Climbing Mayflower Gulch
- TIP: As a result of ease of entry, parking can fill quick, even within the winter. Additionally within the winter or early spring, “ski visitors” alongside I-70 may be unusually heavy on weekends throughout the morning and evenings. Subsequently, this makes a wonderful mid-week relaxation day to take a break from the slopes!
- Path Map: Mayflower Gulch Path
- Packing Checklist: All the time pack the ten Necessities. Obtain our Climbing Information to get the record and dayhiking packing guidelines. Moreover, take a while to assessment our 10 Winter Climbing Ideas.
- Colorado Street Circumstances: Colorado Street Circumstances
- After the Hike: Summer time or winter, seize a slice at Mamma’s Italiano! If there have been a insurgent‘s daughter who camped within the ghost city up within the gulch, she’d possible eat right here and mix in with the menagerie of tourists.
Map & Driving Instructions
Click on for Driving Instructions