These oatmeal crumble fig bars are a candy deal with and a better-for-you snack that may be loved any time of the day. The fig-maple syrup filling mixed with the chewy oatmeal crust makes this scrumptious recipe a must-try for anybody in search of a straightforward, tasty deal with.
These Oatmeal Crumble Fig Bars are a love youngster between a Fig Newton and a crumble bar! The flavour of the figs mixed with oatmeal crumble topping is simply fabulous — and kid-approved.
To make these scrumptious fig oatmeal bars, you’ll want to melt the dried mission figs, make the oatmeal crust and fig filling, and assemble all of it on a baking pan. Bake, let ’em cool, and revel in! Whether or not you serve them for an important day, as a snack to your child’s lunches, or make an enormous batch as meal prep for your self, these wholesome fig bars will probably be successful.
What You Have to Make Oatmeal Fig Crumble Bars
- Dried mission figs: the starring act of this recipe. Don’t skip it!
- Maple syrup: maple syrup is a good pure sweetener, and the flavour pairs deliciously with the candy fig.
- Old style rolled oats: these oats will take in extra taste and cook dinner up sooner than steel-cut oats.
- Floor cinnamon: cinnamon, fig, and maple syrup? Depend me in!
- Egg: egg acts as a binding agent for the oatmeal crumble topping.
- Turbinado sugar (optionally available): it is a extra pure, unrefined sugar to maintain issues wholesome.
Want Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our greatest breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
Variations and Substitutions
- Maple syrup: Swap the maple syrup with uncooked honey as a substitute for a special taste twist.
- Coconut oil: Avocado oil or olive oil might be used instead of the coconut oil. Simply be aware the style and texture of your bars will range.
- White entire wheat flour: Substitute the white entire wheat flour with all-purpose flour, almond flour, or chapati flour.
- Add nuts: For an additional layer of crunch, add some walnuts or pecans to the oatmeal crumble combination.
What are the most effective sorts of figs for fig bars?
We used dried mission figs for this recipe, and the recipe got here out scrumptious. Nonetheless, there are a lot of completely different sorts of figs that can be utilized for fig bars, every with its personal distinctive taste profiles.
Some widespread varieties embody Turkish figs, Calimyrna figs, and Kadota figs. Simply make sure that to make use of dried figs as a substitute of recent ones, because the moisture content material in recent figs can have an effect on the feel of the bars.
Can do-it-yourself fig bars be made forward?
Sure. These oatmeal fig crumble bars are make-ahead pleasant and could be ready days upfront. This makes them a fantastic choice for gatherings and even vacation exchanges, the place time is of the essence.
To make sure most freshness, it’s endorsed to bake the bars as much as three days upfront. This may permit sufficient time for cooling and storage with out compromising their style or texture.
Storage + Freezer Instructions
Any leftover oatmeal fig crumble bars could be left in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days. After, it’s greatest to retailer them within the fridge to increase their shelf-life.
To freeze, minimize the bars into single servings and layer them in between parchment paper. Place in a freezer-safe, hermetic bag or container and retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months.