Enjoying with enjoyable meals is our favourite method to craft! These Owl Rice Desserts are straightforward to create and make and a tasty balanced and wholesome snack!
Straightforward and Enjoyable Wholesome Snack Thought
When craft time can double as snack time not solely can children specific their creativity, however they get enthusiastic about consuming what they made. That’s one motive we love this owl snack! One of many first weblog posts I ever wrote- years in the past!- included an owl snack. And I nonetheless assume owls are enjoyable to make! However how are you going to not craft owls, when they’re so easy and so lovable.
Feeding our children snacks is second nature.. their tiny stomachs and rising our bodies are all the time hungry! Nevertheless, typically, a snack can fulfill a children urge for food for a second, solely to go away them hungry an hour later. The secret’s not simply to have a look at the quantity of the snack, but additionally what the snacks are fabricated from. A snack that satisfies you within the second, but additionally for a number of hours after can have a mixture of fiber (for quantity), fats (for satisfaction), carbs (for power), and protein (for constructing). When all these are current in a snack, I can assure these children might be glad. These Owl Rice Desserts match the invoice.
Components to Make Owl Rice Desserts:
- Rice Desserts– rice truffles are low in energy and fats, and are supply of advanced carbohydrates. Ensure you get plain rice truffles.
- Banana– bananas are power supply and likewise present potassium, fiber, nutritional vitamins and vitamins.
- Peanut Butter– peanut butter could be a good supply of protein and wholesome fats. Select a pure peanut butter that doesn’t have added fats and sugar.
- Blueberries– blueberries are thought-about a ‘superfood’ for a motive.. they’re filled with vitamins and antioxidants!
- Apple– apples are supply of vitamins and dietary fiber, and are wealthy in antioxidants.
- Carrot– carrots are supply of fiber, vitamin A, and beta-carotene.
- Cheerios– Cheerios are constructed from complete grain oats, that are supply of dietary fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals.
Learn how to Make Owl Rice Desserts:
- Slice your apple and banana.
- Unfold your rice truffles with peanut butter.
- Prime with sliced apples on your owl wings.
- Add cheerios to resemble feathers.
- Place banana slices for eyes. Use a dab of peanut butter to stick the blueberries to the middle of the banana slices.
- Reduce your carrot into small triangles to resemble a beak, add to your owl rice cake.
- Serve your owl rice truffles with the extra carrots, apples, blueberries and bananas on the aspect.
Extra Wholesome Snack Concepts for Children:
- 4 every rice truffles, brown rice, plain
- 1 medium banana
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 cup cereal, Cheerios
Lay out rice truffles on a baking sheet (it will maintain the mess in a single space).
Slice banana and put aside.
Unfold peanut butter over every rice cake after which place 2 slices of banana in direction of the higher a part of every of the rice truffles. This can function your owl’s eyes. Dab a small quantity of peanut butter on the middle of the owls eyes and add a blueberry for the pupil of the attention.
Slice apple in half after which slice the halves into very skinny wedges (1/8 inch thick). Place 2 onto every rice cake, (peel aspect outward) to function the owl’s wings.
Peel carrot and slice thinly. Utilizing 4 slices, lower into triangles for the nostril.
Lastly, add some cheerios for feathers between the wings.
Energy: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Sodium: 117mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.