Psychological Well being America (MHA) is dedicated to fairness for all and continues to broaden entry to and enhance psychological well being literacy in communities that traditionally have skilled obstacles in acquiring the assist they deserve when and the way they want it most. Black, Indigenous, and Folks of Colour (BIPOC) communities have distinctive experiences and views that necessitate culturally responsive psychological well being care and schooling. To additional deal with the wants of and have interaction with BIPOC communities, MHA frequently creates psychological well being consciousness initiatives aimed toward highlighting and responding to the wants of those communities.
By means of the beneficiant assist of the CVS Well being Basis, MHA is happy to proceed our work in addressing the wants of BIPOC communities by distributing ten microgrants to pick MHA associates to assist the psychological well being of people who determine as Black, Indigenous, and Folks of Colour (BIPOC) of their respective areas.
Every recipient of this microgrant will make the most of the funds to supply psychological well being assist to BIPOC communities of their space by means of a number of of the next methods: selling psychological well being screenings, offering culturally responsive schooling, or rising group outreach and engagement.
MHA is happy to announce the next affiliate organizations because the 2022 BIPOC microgrant recipients:
- FARRR Basis dba The Lighthouse Group Well being Companies: The Lighthouse will conduct outreach to BIPOC people with out constant entry to well being care by increasing entry to, and utilization of, major care and behavioral well being care companies.
- Psychological Well being America of Dubuque County (MHA DBQ): MHA DBQ will translate academic supplies into Marshallese and conduct outreach to Marshallese and Pacific Islander communities to extend psychological well being consciousness and scale back stigma.
- Psychological Well being America of Utah: MHA of Utah will host a “Group Dialog” occasion to interact with and perceive wants and challenges of BIPOC of their group, whereas rising psychological well being consciousness by means of the distribution of BIPOC-focused academic sources.
- Psychological Well being Affiliation in Delaware: MHA in Delaware will conduct a peer-led BIPOC Wellness Group and host BIPOC presenters for his or her “Empowering Group Wellness” symposium.
- Psychological Well being Affiliation of East Tennessee: MHA of East Tennessee will present linguistically and culturally responsive schooling for BIPOC communities by way of newly created supplies, translation, movies, and a social media marketing campaign.
- Psychological Well being Affiliation of Erie County dba Psychological Well being Advocates of Western New York (MHAWNY): MHAWNY will host a poetry slam and open mic occasion targeted on the intersection of psychological well being and creativity, providing a protected house for people to come back and speak about their psychological well being and obtain sources or take a display screen.
- Psychological Well being Affiliation of Monmouth County: MHA of Monmouth Nation will host a well being and wellness occasion to advertise screenings and data on psychological well being schooling, parenting, enterprise, and well being care.
- Psychological Well being Affiliation of San Francisco (MHASF): MHASF will host a “Actual Speak” on-line occasion to focus on the psychological well being wants of BIPOC communities and supply entry to sources reminiscent of assist teams and the California Peer Run Warmline.
- Psychological Well being Consciousness of Michiana (MHAM): MHAM will host a “Psychological Well being Summit” highlighting culturally responsive helps for BIPOC communities, psychological well being screenings, and different academic sources in English and Spanish.
- Rahma Worldwide – Psychological Well being America in Southeastern Michigan: Rahma Worldwide will present assist to Arab communities by translating and adapting psychological well being schooling supplies and conducting numerous workshops on well being and wellness.
For extra data on how one can assist the psychological well being wants of BIPOC communities, obtain the BIPOC Psychological Well being Month toolkit at mhanational.org/bipocmhm.