I used to be instantly drawn to those fantastic wholesome breakfast cookies and determined to place my very own spin on them to provide my boys! I wish to make these huge for a hearty breakfast possibility. My oldest Sidney will eat 4 of those for breakfast and my child adores them.
They’re extraordinarily versatile and really easy to make. You should use no matter nut butter you’ve gotten readily available, and I made them extra nutritious by utilizing flaxseed meal for further fiber, hemp hearts for brain-rich omegas, protein and iron, and chia seeds for a calcium increase. These are very freezer-friendly, too! And scrumptious straight from the freezer for a straightforward on-the-go snack. Assured to be a household favourite!
Components in these wholesome breakfast cookies
We’re loading these infants up with nutrient-dense substances, which additionally give the cookies the right chewy texture. Right here’s what you’ll have to make them:
- Bananas: you’ll want very ripe bananas to provide the cookies moisture and sweetness.
- Maple syrup: a little bit maple syrup additionally provides the right quantity of sweetness.
- Nut butter: I like to make use of peanut butter in these cookies, however almond butter works too! Make sure to use pure creamy nut butter (simply nuts + salt). Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off my favourite model, Wild Mates!
- Egg: you’ll want 1 egg to assist them bake up correctly. See beneath for a straightforward vegan possibility.
- Oats: we’re including each oat flour and rolled oats as the bottom of those cookies for a lift of entire grains and iron. These will even preserve the cookies gluten free!
- Flaxseed meal: get a lift of omega-3s and fiber with flaxseed meal! That is nice for breastfeeding mothers as a result of it accommodates phytoestrogens that may assist increase milk manufacturing.
- Cinnamon: add some cozy taste with a little bit floor cinnamon.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract. Discover ways to make your individual vanilla right here!
- Vitamin boosters: we’re including hemp hearts and chia seeds for further protein, fiber, and omega-3s.
- Combine-ins: I really like so as to add chocolate chips to the cookies as a result of chocolate = life. You can too add chopped walnuts for those who’d like for crunch and wholesome fat!
- For topping: for those who love a candy and salty combo, sprinkle your cookies with some flaky sea salt.
Customise your breakfast cookies
There are a number of straightforward methods you may actually make these kid-friendly breakfast cookies your individual!
- Select your nut butter. As I discussed, be at liberty to make use of peanut butter or almond butter! I feel cashew butter would additionally work, or you might strive sunflower seed butter for a nut free possibility.
- Make them vegan. Swap the egg for 1 flax egg. Discover ways to make a flax egg right here!
- Attempt new mix-ins. Chopped walnuts, pecans, and even dried fruit like dried cranberries or blueberries can be scrumptious.
Make your individual oat flour
Since you’re already including rolled oats to those gluten free breakfast cookies, you may simply make your individual oat flour with further rolled oats! Discover ways to make it with our straightforward tutorial right here.
The best way to make breakfast cookies
- Combine the moist substances. Begin by mixing your whole moist substances in a bowl till easy.
- Add the dry substances. Stir within the oat flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt till simply mixed.
- Add the mix-ins. Fold within the oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if utilizing). Let the dough sit for a couple of minutes.
- Scoop & bake. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie utilizing a giant cookie scoop and place dough balls 2 inches aside in your baking sheet. Prime every with a number of further chocolate chips and bake them up.
- Prime, cool & take pleasure in. Sprinkle the baked breakfast cookies with a little bit flaky sea salt, then cool on the baking sheet earlier than transferring to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Suggestions for making the perfect breakfast cookies
- Make sure to use very ripe bananas in order that the cookies end up candy sufficient.
- Bear in mind to let the dough sit for five minutes after mixing all the substances in order that it comes collectively.
- Don’t over bake the cookies — pull them out as soon as they’re set, however observe that they’ll nonetheless be delicate. They’ll proceed to set as they cool!
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: be at liberty to maintain these oatmeal breakfast cookies at room temperature for the primary day or two, then retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge to protect freshness.
- To freeze: make sure that the cookies are utterly cooled, after which switch them to an hermetic container lined with wax or parchment paper or freezer-safe bag earlier than storing them within the freezer for as much as 3 months. As soon as able to eat, merely thaw out at room temperature and luxuriate in! Get all of our ideas & methods for freezing cookies right here.
Extra breakfast recipes you’ll love
Get all of my breakfast recipes right here!
I hope you like these scrumptious wholesome breakfast cookies! Should you make them remember to go away a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred them. Take pleasure in, xo!
The Most Scrumptious Breakfast Cookies
Essentially the most scrumptious wholesome breakfast cookies made with protein-packed nut butter plus loads of fiber and omega-3s from flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and hemp hearts. These straightforward breakfast cookies are naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and a little bit pure maple syrup for the right kid-friendly breakfast or snack. They’re additionally nice for breastfeeding mamas!
- Moist substances:
- 2 giant further ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup pure peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 giant egg or flax egg (for vegan possibility)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Dry substances:
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup quaint rolled oats
- 2 to three tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus further for on prime of cookies
- Non-obligatory: ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper; put aside.
Combine collectively the moist substances: In a big bowl, add the mashed bananas, nut butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Combine till easy and effectively mixed.
Stir within the dry substances: Add the oat flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to the moist substances. Stir till simply mixed. Stir within the oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, chocolate chips and walnuts (if utilizing). Permit the dough to sit down for five minutes when you clear up and put away your substances.
Scoop the dough: Use a big cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto ready baking sheets, about 3 tablespoons dough per cookie. Make sure to preserve about 2 inches of area between every cookie. Prime every cookie with a number of further chocolate chips.
Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or till they’re set, however nonetheless delicate.
Cool: Take away from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired. Cool on the baking sheet for five minutes after which switch to a wire rack to chill utterly. Take pleasure in!
Serving: 1cookieEnergy: 178calCarbohydrates: 22.1gProtein: 5.7gFats: 8.4gSaturated Fats: 1.6gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 8g